Monday, September 19, 2011

Where Do You Go From Here? by Valorie Burton. Great book!!!

I just finished one of the best books I have read in a while, Where Do I Go From Here? by Valorie Burton. This book came into my lap when I really needed it most. I have been out of work as a result of losing my job in January of this year and I am really having trouble finding any work that will support me and my kids. I was feeling more depressed than ever about a month ago as I realized that school was starting soon and I had little money to get my kids the things they would need for school.
This book is a step by step by guide to help get a person who is in a similar situation, job loss, divorce, death of someone close, or a devastating illness, get themselves up and moving in the right direction. This is not your typical get off your duff and do something with your life book. It helps you realize that you cannot control everything and it is ok to feel down for a little while, but no matter how small of steps you take in the right direction, the important thing is that you begin your journey. I highly recommend this book for anyone who needs a little bit of compassion and motivation to get their life moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment