Sunday, July 6, 2014

Destiny by KC Maguire

I read this one while waiting at a doctor's appointment last week.  This book was not long, but it was good and told a good story in the short amount of words that told it.  This author has a great ability to tell a good and well rounded story without dragging it out.

This book focuses on Joe, a citizen who is avoiding the change to robot as long as he can. While he loves Destiny, he does not wish to conform to the others that are making the change to robot in order to live longer. He also wishes that Destiny was as human as he is. This story was quick to read and not long at all, it gives the impression that the government in this story has a strong hold on the general public and would be a great read for conspiracy theorists! This was a good book, and I look forward to more from this author, hopefully in a full length novel!

This book is not only a love story, but it also has a conspiracy theory theme to it as well as a science fiction aspect as well.  I loved this book in the short amount of time that it took me to read it.  While I waited at the doctor's office, I did not realize that the doctor was running an hour late until I finished the book, in about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment