Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Suspense with Some Romance, Great With A Bowl Of Ice Cream!

Last week, I read a book called A Dangerous Harbor by RP Dalke.  This book is in the same series as Hurricane Hole by the same author that I read not too long ago.  This one I read over a few nights before bed last week.  When reading a suspenseful book, or something scary, I prefer to read these before bed opposed to after work.  If I cannot put the book down, I will not get my To Do list done, and that is a big no-no for me.  I love a good page turner, just not before 9pm, when I have everything else done.
This book was a great read and had just the right amount of romance mixed with suspense.  From the very beginning of the book, the story was intriguing, and it just kept going from there.  The setting is a Mexican boat marina, where a San Diego cop finds a dead body in the water and the investigation focuses on a number of people.  When Katy runs into Gabe, a long ago ex husband, and meets Raul, a new man in her life, things get competitive and steamy as she gets torn between the two before finally falling in love with Raul.  When the investigation points to a rich man that is docked at the marina that Katy has her boat in, people start turning up dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment