Monday, July 28, 2014

I read another great book this weekend:)

This past weekend, I found myself miraculously caught up on all of my assignments for school and the household chores by early Saturday afternoon, and found myself reading a book that reminded my a lot of Twilight.  It is called Falling Angels by Ami Blackwelder.  The characters in this book were angels instead of vampires, but they had to live in secret from humans and there were dark angels that were a constant antagonist of the story.  I enjoyed this one, just like I enjoyed Twilight:)

This book was about angels on Earth essentially, and I really enjoyed the way that the story played out. I did not read the first book in the series, but there was enough background to read it without being completely lost on the story. This book mainly focuses on Ali, a new angel, and Kian, an older and wiser angel that Ali looks to for protection and comfort. While Kian battles his demons--literally--Ali has to find a way to live in this new world while those closest to her find out the truth about her and her friends.
I think I will be reading the other stories in this series and getting to know the other characters of the series.  Stay tuned for my views on those ones as well.  This book is a part of the Angelfire Chronicles series by Ami Blackwelder, and this one was #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment